Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

October Week 3 - Living With Expectancy - Stop Talking! Start Living!!!



When was the last time you sat in a barbershop, salon, or amongst a group of friends as they swapped stories of "if I just had enough money I would... My relationship would be better if... Or if I were married my life would be better because... Or if my children were older I could... And the list goes on and on. Sometimes the person doing most of the talking may even be you. the reality is, life will never present us with the perfect conditions to begin taking the actions needed in order to fulfill our ambitions. It's up to us to make the best of our blessings and to understand that there's no limit to what God can do.

Proverbs 18:21 states "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Words hold an extraordinary amount of power. Sometimes our words can talk us right out of a blessing. Words are often the root of many arguments, unforgiveness, self-doubt, discouragement and even have the power to create global conflict. Not only do words often result in conflict but sometimes we can spend so much time engaging in exchanges of thoughts and ideas that very little gets accomplished. This week I encourage us to be people of action versus prolific wordsmiths. Dialogue is a powerful tool, but dialogue in action will continue to change our world. Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment