Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

November - Week 3 - Your Body Is Your Temple - Know Your Medical Status





"My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge" - Hosea 4:6


One of my least favorite things to do each year is going in for my annual physical. Regardless of how healthy I feel, or how many healthy lifestyle practices I have been diligently adhering to over the course of the year, as I go from the waiting to the examination room, I can't help but to wonder what if? What if this is the time something is wrong?

It is this fear that keeps many away from routine doctor's visits until symptoms begin to manifest making it a necessity to schedule an appointment. Hosea 4:6 states that "people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge." This is true in all areas of life particularly when it comes to health and wellness. Some may say what you don't know won't hurt you, I believe what you know can save you. Regardless of how we may dread those office visits, choosing not to be informed of our medical status only denies us of the opportunity to the early detection of illnesses and treatment options. It also prevents us from having the chance to alter our lifestyles in the event that we are at rist for certain diseases.

This week I encourage you to go ahead and schedule your family for an appointment for a full medical physical to include HIV and STD testing. Knowing your status can save your life. You owe it to your family, friends, and to yourself. Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment